“Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
Who daily bears our burdens.
Our God is a God who saves . . .”
- Daniela has her passport! Pray that she’ll be able to have her adoption medical appointment next week.
- The twins, Jenny and Jeniflore, are eating better and gaining weight.
- Jesula (recently admitted to COTP and has cerebral palsy) had a rough adjustment to living at COTP but now is doing really well and is much happier. She eats and drinks well and loves playing with the nannies and spending time with Josette, the physiotherapist.
- The three newest babies – Rivaldo, Myllanta, and Irelene - are all gaining well.
- Emmanuel has his visa!
- Katia’s visa will be printed today!
- Thania’s DNA results were positive which means she will also have her visa shortly. J
Staff and Volunteers
- Brice and Sara are still in the States. Pray for a restful and relaxing time for them so that they can return to COTP refreshed and energized!!
- Pray for good judgment, wisdom, and guidance for Brice, Sara, Maria, and Arlyn. Pray that they will be an example of Jesus’ love to everyone they meet.
- Pray that the nannies will take pride in their work.
- We have a couple of our nannies/workers that are pregnant. Pray for Darlene and her baby – due on December 24. Pray for Foufouns and her baby – due this month. Pray for Marieloude and her baby – due in Jan/Feb.
- Mary DeJonge, an excellent volunteer and a member of our Canadian board, arrives at COTP on December 13th. Pray for safe travels for her and that her time at COTP will be a blessing to everyone there.
- Lindsay and Rebekah are preparing to travel to COTP and volunteer for an extended period of time. One of them is a nurse and the other is interested in our adoption worker position. Pray that God would prepare their hearts and that their hearts would be softened for the Haitian people and the babies at COTP.
Children and Babies
- Pierre has been in the hospital since Tuesday because of fevers and not eating well. He is on IV fluids and is slowly starting to eat better. Pray for a complete and quick restoration to health for him. Pierre just turned one year old and was just recently admitted to COTP. We believe he may have cerebral palsy.
- Samuel is a sweet (almost) 3 year old that has been at COTP since he was a little baby. He will be returning to his biological family on Monday. Samuel has some health concerns and requires daily medication to stay healthy. Be praying that his family will understand the importance of giving him his medication and that Samuel will do well with the transition and that he will stay healthy.
- There have been a few skin infections going around, mostly in the boat and giraffe rooms (the younger babies). Pray that they clear up soon.
- Jon is adjusting to his new g-tube. Pray that he gains weight and gets used to it quickly.
- Pray that COTP will get their crèche license soon. We cannot start new adoptions until we have our license.
- Our adoption workers – Antonio, Paulaine, and Herns. Working on adoptions is often frustrating and hard. Pray for guidance and daily reminders of how important and wonderful the work that they are doing is.
- Magalie and Peterly need another paper before they can get their visas. Pray that we will be able to get this paper this week.
- Pray that Thania’s visa will be printed this coming week.
- Pray for Reggie’s adoption and the difficulties that we are running into with getting him home to his adoptive family.
- Pray for patience and peace for adoptive families as they wait for their little one(s) to come home.
- Pray that the files would move quickly through the different offices. Please pray especially for Chelda. Chelda is 7 years old and has cerebral palsy. She is in the middle of her adoption process and will be going to a family in Minnesota. Life in Haiti is tough for kids with special needs and Chelda is growing bigger all the time. She needs the love and attention her adoptive family is so eager to provide. Pray for her adoption to move along quickly.
- Pray for adoptive families to step forward and open their hearts to the special needs children that we have available for adoption.
- Pray for a visa appointment for Chrislande.
- Daniela, Geff, and ti-Simon have their birthparent interviews on December 22nd in PAP. Pray that these go well!
*** REMINDER *** If you ever want to see pictures of these beautiful Haitian children that are at COTP, please visit www..childrenofthepromise.org.