· Joy in the midst of sorry and tragedy!! Children of the Promise has had 9 children approved to go home to their adoptive families!! We have also had 3 babies leave on medical visas. This has all happened in the past couple of days. 5 of the children are already in the States and 7 will hopefully be leaving Haiti in the next few days.
· Pray for approvals to be granted for the rest of the children at COTP that have adoptive families.
· We have many people working hard for those approvals to be granted. Pray for all the people involved. Daryl is in Miami tonight and will hopefully be flying to Port-au-Prince tomorrow morning to go to the US Embassy to work on obtaining more approvals for children to be united with their adoptive families. He is flying on a chartered plane that is supposed to leave tomorrow (Sunday). However, they are still working on getting a plane. Please pray that a plane will be found and that they will be flying to PAP tomorrow so that Daryl can go to the US Embassy right away on Monday morning. Pray for safety in his travels and for success at the US Embassy. There are also people working hard in the States for these approvals – pray that they will continue working hard and be persistent in their efforts.
· Please be praying specifically for the nannies working at Children of the Promise. Many of them have lost family due to the earthquake. They are going through a very rough time right now. It is also very hard for them to see all “their” kids at the orphanage leaving. They are so happy for the kids but you can see on their faces that it is tough on them.
· Caleb Charles was one of the babies that left on a medical visa yesterday. He is in Ohio now but is very sick. Please pray for his health. Caleb has an encephalocele that needs to be repaired.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.