Prayer Requests 12-19-08
So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed and what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.
- Katia made it home safely to Oregon with her adoptive parents! She is settling in well. Continue to pray for an easy transition for her.
- Darlene, one of the Haitian ladies that work in the kitchen, gave birth to a healthy baby girl! Both Darlene and the baby are doing well.
- Nat and Brad were at COTP last week – Nat is a pediatrician and Brad is an amazing nurse. They are both specializing in infectious disease and public health. Nat was able to look at some of the kids that were sick and they also did PCR tests on kids that might be HIV+.
- Doug, Ella’s adoptive dad, and Mary, from our Canadian Board, made it safely to COTP!
- Florcie and Pierre are both out of the hospital and doing much better.
Staff and Volunteers
- Maria and Arlyn have made it safely home to their families! Arlyn had some delays due to weather but he eventually made it! Please pray that they will have a restful and relaxing time and that they will return to COTP energized and refreshed. Pray for clear direction for both of them as they seek to discern their future roles at COTP.
- Pray for wisdom and good judgment for Brice and Sara. Pray for health and energy for them – especially during these weeks that Maria and Arlyn are gone.
- Pray that Foufoun remains healthy throughout the rest of her pregnancy. Pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
- Pray that the nannies would take joy in their work.
- Pray that Brice, Sara, Maria, Arlyn, and all of the short term volunteers would be an example of God’s love to everyone that they come into contact with.
- Emmanuel’s adoptive Mom flies into Haiti on the 20th and leaves with him on the 24th! Pray for safe travels. What a wonderful Christmas present!
- Lindsay and Rebekah will be arriving at COTP in January. One is a nurse and the other is interested in the adoption coordinator position. Pray that they will fit in well at COTP and that their hearts will be drawn in to the work that is being done there.
- Renalson passed away on Monday morning, December 15. This was very unexpected and has been very difficult for our staff to understand. Pray for Renalson’s dad and siblings as they grieve his loss – they are still grieving the recent loss of their wife/mother. Pray for the nannies and our long-term staff as they also grieve.
- There is a possible case of chicken pox in the boat room.
- Myllanta was started on new medication last Friday to fight an infection. Pray that her body responds well to these meds and that she starts to do better.
- Irlene hasn’t been doing too well recently. She has a viral infection and has been having a lot of diarrhea. She is getting lots of good care from Mary. Pray that Irlene starts drinking better and that she quickly returns to health.
- Pray we are able to get our Creche license soon so that we can start working on more adoptions.
- Pray that Antonio, Paulaine, and Herns as they continue working diligently on adoptions. Pray that they will see great rewards from their hard work.
- Caleb and Elijah have their adoption medicals on Tuesday in PAP. Pray for safe flights and that their appointments will go well.
- Thania’s visa, as of Monday, still had not been printed. Please pray that it will be printed before Christmas.
- Pray that Peterly and Magalie will get the paper that they need so that their visas can be printed and they can go home to their adoptive family.
- Pray for Chelda to get out of IBESR
- Pray that each adoption file will move through the offices quickly and efficiently.
- Pray that adoptive families would step forward and adopt the children that we have with special needs: Djoulissa, Joshua, Caleb, Reese, Christy, Alix, Jesula, and Jon.
- Pray for peace and patience for adoptive families as they wait for their little one(s) to come home. This time of year is especially hard because of Christmas and also how slow all the offices in Haiti operate over the Holiday season.
- Daniela, Jeff, and ti-Simon have their birthparent interviews in PAP on December 22nd. Pray that these interviews will go smoothly and that at the end of the day they will be one step closer to having their adoptions completed!!